Softbox Light for product photography Review and unboxing

Soft-box lighting for product photos. In this post I will be sharing my thoughts and my results regarding this source of light by Raleno. The products I want to work on are Colognes and the lights that I currently use are both video lights. Raleno Box-Light comes with a stand, a bulb and the box itself that goes around the light. This is a Led Light based lighting. Pictured below is the actual set up in my room.


I got a set of two to maximize the coverage and I would use the video lights for small details. The first set up was straight to video and setting these up did not take much time. The tripod is already on the stand itself and has a reverse pull which I found interesting.


There is a long power cord with a handy ON/OFF switch. The soft-box attaches directly to the tripod on the top and then all you need to do is screw it in securely. There is a spring mechanism that opens the box itself to attach to the light bulb connection.

 

You can actually see this in the middle of the photograph above. Now, I did read that a few folks found it difficult to make the adjustment but with just a little push you can get to fit nice and tight. 

The fabric that covers around the box goes around and it is held in by velcro. The way the fabric is folded you have to turn it inside out in order to get it to the sticky part of the box itself. This is not very difficult to do an is very easy once you get it done a few times.

here's a full unboxing and demonstration of what the kit looks like when fully assemble










Comments