Sony DSC-W370 The results using this camera Summer 2023

I find using point-and-shoot cameras to be quite enjoyable. Their sole purpose is to capture photos, unlike phones that have many functions. Today, I opted to take one with me on my hike along the 606 Trail.

This trail, which is now commonly used, was previously abandoned for several years and had a negative reputation due to vagrants and gang activity. I remember seeing it clearly from the Blue Line train on my way to Western. At that time, overgrown bushes and weeds made it an unappealing sight to behold.



It's worth noting that the recreational activities available in the area have expanded significantly over time. Nowadays, you can enjoy a variety of outdoor pursuits, such as biking, hiking, running, strolling, skating, and rollerblading. The area is well-maintained and provides a serene environment to walk in. I've personally never encountered any problems or concerns there.



In this article, I'm sharing some photos that I took recently. I used the automatic settings on my camera, which is so great that you don't need to make many adjustments. You can just point and shoot, and the results are fantastic. Of course, you could edit the photos to bring out more details or adjust them to your liking, but I personally prefer them as they are.



I have an interesting suggestion for you. If you happen to venture off the trail, you might be able to capture some fascinating photos of the city streets adjacent to the trail. In fact, there are a few captivating murals and areas that are definitely worth exploring.


If you're interested in getting an old, vintage camera like mine, you can find them relatively cheap on eBay. However, it's possible that you may need to purchase a knock-off battery if the camera doesn't come with one, or if the battery it comes with is not in good condition. Personally, I use off-brand batteries from Kastar, such as the one I have here, but you can easily find the one you need as they are compatible with many different camera brands.


Comments