How long of a distance will my Wireless lavalier Mic keep recording

 I tested a pair of lavalier mics by the company Easterville to seee how long I could record audio before I experienced any interruption. The tiny lav mics work specifically with iPhone or iPad and are plug and play, you don't need any other software to make them work. 

They charge within the case they come in via usb C port but you can also connect them seperately if you like. The mics can stay charged for up too ten hours each. The charging box has a full capacity of fifty six hours.  

For those looking to record a two person interview this can be very handy. The wireless capability makes them easy to use and with the abality to keep the mics charge for several hours you can capture as much content as you need without any issues.

Another nice feature is the use of heapphones via the usb c port so that you can monitor what is being recroded in real time. The headphones are not included abd if you are going to use them make sure they can plug in via usb - c.

My test was short but I was able to gauge how long I could walk a distance before they started to loose signal. According to the Amazon page specs the distance is around sixty feet before any disruption. 

I conducted my test outdoors near a hiking trail in an open field. I did a recording with just the iPhone first to hear what that sounded like. It was not very good. You'll be able to tell in the video and I added text so you exactly when the recording started and when its finished.

The Amazon video is here so you can look and hear all the details.

amazon- Lavalier mics wireless

Who are these mics for?

1-Vloggers, if you do vlogs and want better audio while filming outside this is for you.

2- Reporters who want to capture better audio and need something quick and easy.

3- Musician who want to capture songs or fast ideas to record in the moment.

4- Up and coming film makers who are looking for a solution to capture two sound sources for their films.

5- People who simply want better audion for their social media videos.






Comments